Think Of That: Broadband in Lebanon, at last ? (Part 2)

Think Of That

Some things to think about

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lebanon

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Broadband in Lebanon, at last ? (Part 2)

It seems the Lebanese government has finally decided to give the Lebanese citizen a break and reduce the telecommunication tariffs. In a recent article by The Daily Star* (issued today), the Minister of Telecommunications declared that a bill to lower Lebanon’s Cellular phone tariffs is to be submitted to cabinet in a couple of weeks. It seems that in a few months, “the new government would review plans to reduce land line rates and introduce high speed internet to Lebanon, where most consumers depend on sluggish dial-up services.

At last, a ray of hope, but does this mean that we’re going to have fast, reliable internet access before the end of 2005? Taking into consideration previous delarations by the government concerning any reduction of tariffs, I wouldn’t bet my life on it.
Hopefully, I’m wrong this time.

* The Daily Star article can be found here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like what you had to say, especially that I agree with most of it. I'm commenting here on the three last articles (coz it's faster) and I just want to say that it's pretty interesting stuff. Keep it up!
M.

4:40 PM  
Blogger HNB said...

Hi, I think it's great to offer your thoughts and ideas across to a worldwide audience for comment. I like to write about many things that affect my life and at present, this blog broadband insight is what has been bothering me. I know that the subject matter is totally different from the one that you're writing about perhaps similar things do affect us all in some way. Perhaps you will pay it a visit sometime!

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Need to know about telecommunications story or update, so visit my website **Telecom** site/blog. It pretty much covers Telecommunications Updates related stuff.

Have a nice day.
Otai

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home